Sunday, May 27, 2018

Living Dead World series re-release

I have a confession: I haven't decided if I'm keeping this blog or not. Honestly, it falls low on the list of priorities. That being said, what heck...maybe today I'll give it another go.

If you haven't been following any of my other social media channels, then it's entirely possible you didn't know I received the rights back for all of my books earlier this year. So guess what? They're mine again. And I've decided to self-publish them.

To me, that was a no-brainer. Querying agents or publishers on a series that's already been published seemed like a drain of my resources. They're most likely going to say 'no thank you' anyway, because let's face it--first rights, my book rights' virginity are gone. Smaller presses would probably be more open than the big guys, but I've already been down that road. While I'm eternally grateful for the opportunity they gave me, I think it's time to see if I can make it on my own.

 Other than front the money for editors and covers, etc, there's very little a small press can do that I can't do myself. As an indie I have complete control over everything in the creative process. I found a fantastic cover artist. I also found an excellent editor for the book that had not yet been released. I do have a very limited budget, so I have to spend it where it counts most--in creating a professional product.

The first three books are back on the market. The next is in production. Stay tuned...




No comments:

Post a Comment