Sunday, April 14, 2013

Evil Dead...

I'm not sure what to think of this, but since I haven't actually seen the new movie yet, well, take this with a grain of salt. From the trailer it looks like they're going for shock and gore. These things have their place in horror movies, of course, but my fear is that if you remove them, all that's left behind is a weak ass story. Is this the case here? I don't know, obviously, because I haven't seen it yet (yes, I just repeated myself!)

http://www.evildead-movie.com/?hs308=EVD6186

The original was, let's face it--bad and unintentionally cheesy ...yet it spawned Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, which have become cult horror movie classics. How can you top Bruce Campbell spouting bad one liners while he wields a chainsaw where his hand used to be? You can't. So that was why I had mixed feelings when I first heard of this remake. I will, however, watch it, and reserve full judgement until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment