Sunday, June 3, 2012

Facebook can suck it

I don't have anything against Facebook, I just don't feel like using it. I've got two accounts--one for 'the real me' and one for 'pretend me'. One I never use and the other I mostly lurk about and read what other people are doing. I do enjoy seeing what friends and family are up to, but rarely feel like posting anything...or even reacting to their posts. I don't care for the new layout, either. It looks like a vomit puddle of too much information...WAY too complex and requires too much effort to read through people's profiles. So unless I see something in my news feed, I usually won't bother poking any further.

What is the point of this post? *Sigh* I guess just to vent a little. I get tired of seeing how miserable people are. I get tired of posts like 'making dinner' and other play by plays of somebody's life that --I hate to say it--I don't really care about. I don't think a social networking site should be a measuring stick for how much you love your children, or whether you care enough about a certain issue, nor  should it be a means to talk trash about other people. I've seen some pretty shitty stuff posted on people's facebook pages, and all conveniently done from behind the safety of a computer keyboard. Ah well... 

No comments:

Post a Comment